Kernel panic in 2.6.11-1.35_FC3 at i686

Dan Fruehauf danfr at matrix.co.il
Wed Jul 13 07:14:20 UTC 2005

Johannes,
This looks like your kernel is unable to mount your root filesystem.
I'd suggest trying to re-run mkinitrd and create one suitable for your
system.
Before the panic you can see that initrd has troubles switching to your
new root that perhaps wasn't mounted successfully.

I got something similar with a Xen0 kernel under VMWare while running
with a SCSI disk. The driver wasn't loaded well and a similar panic
followed.

--
Dan Fruehauf
Matrix IT, Linux Consulting