No more right click terminal

Paul A Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 14 12:56:49 UTC 2005

Tyler Larson wrote:

> I personally think that removing the terminal from the context menu is
> the correct thing to do (it should have stayed on the panel with the
> other launchers--and it sure as hell better go back). Still, my
> initial reaction was mild outrage--it felt like yet another personal
> attack against me. Another "you don't belong here" message from GNOME.
> I certainly understand why others were angry.

    Yeah,  a launcher on the panel would be nice too.

    There are three things I use Gnome for

* launching terminals
* shutting the computer down
* setting the audio volume

    Open Office?  Evolution?  Give me a break.  I'd personally be happy
with a radically simplified interface:  a button to launch a terminal,
a button to shut the computer down,  and a slider to adjust audio volume.