No more right click terminal

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Thu Jul 14 15:06:14 UTC 2005

From: "Daniel Veillard" <veillard at redhat.com>
>   It is pointless to argue here about stuff that can't be changed within
> the reals of the Fedora project. To get back to specific, if you have a
> itch to scratch with a specific behaviour on the GNOME desktop, it is
> very unlikely to get changed here by applying a patch against the upstream
> code or data.

This is missing the point. In principle I can agree with this stance,
but what is upsetting is the attitude. In this particular case things
would have died off at that comment, if Jeff wouldn't have added the
"go away, it's pointless" comment. And I'm not picking on him, it's
what people are doing around here for some time now. Very often. Most
threads ends up with a condecending message of sorts.

I'm not sure if people realize how unwelcomming this sort of attitude is.
It's very much reminiscent of the in-group environment enjoyed in the core
BSD circles. It is bad. This is not how you build a community, even if
you are correct at a rational level.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.