List purpose (was Re: No more right click terminal)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:05:38 UTC 2005

On 7/15/05, Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> So if the community is maintainers and other such users, but the target
> audience is somebody far less advanced than this, how are we supposed to
> get feedback from our target audience?

You create mechanisms by which you actively seek out feedback from the
target userbase via a repeatable methodology.   I'm very sure the
gnome usability group has some very concrete ideas on how to reach and
interact with a target audience that differs from the contributing
audience.

> Would we not be better served by
> coding and developing for the only groups we care to get feedback from?

Once you have mechanisms by which to actively seek out feedback that
can be applied to any target group.. you can get feedback from any
number of groups and make weighted decisions based on the feedback you
have collected.

-jef