No more right click terminal

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 22:50:36 UTC 2005

Hi

>Jup. Exactly that. If Fedora would really be a community thing (which it
>isn't), then we _would_ have a _welcomed_ discussion about controversial
>issues, and _would_ have a voting in place when rough consensus can't be
>found. But we don't. I'm having more and more the impression that what
>the "community user base" wants is irrelevant. The only thing to the
>contrary I see are the usual "Ideas for FCx?" postings by Red Hat at the
>beginning of each release cycles.

Voting is really the wrong way to decide this since the voters naturally
present skewed data not representative of typical end users. If we have
to vote everytime someone flames the development list, development would
pretty much stall but you dont have to rely on my words for it.   Like I
said previously as an experiment, try convincing a distribution that you
think  represents the community better that they should adopt a patch to
bring in a option for terminal users by default.

regards
Rahul