No more right click terminal

Brent D. Norris brent at linux.wku.edu
Fri Jul 15 23:46:08 UTC 2005

> If my mom every has to use the command line to do anything its a bug.  I
> get a phone call if the auto saving password cookie in gmail gets unset
> and she has to log in.
>
> The terminal might be nice for us geeks, but its Scary to most users.
>
> I mean just give it up, for most users the speed up a terminal gives is
> never worth it, 10 hours of training to use a terminal would never be
> made up in speed gains for most users.  And most users need a whole lot
> more then 10 hours of training.

Not to be mean (seriously, no your momma joke here), but just because your
mom can't understand these things and doesn't want to use them doesn't
mean there aren't _normal_ everyday users that want to.  There are normal
users that want to use the text based publishing languages, should they
stop using those and be forced to use Scribus instead?

CLI has lots of uses.  The power of | and > are enough in my opinion to
prove that, and there are lots of uses for those beyond system admin and
developer.

Brent