No more right click terminal

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Jul 15 23:44:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 07:04:44PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > (remember: constructiveness is NOT defined by attached patch, but by
> > having a possible solution path provided,
>
> What is wrong with the solution path provided with
> nautilus-open-terminal?

That it is again another PACKAGE to implement a simple entry in the
right-click menu. And as far as I've read, it tries to do "a whole lot
more".

People here just want to start a shell window as effectively as
possible, as it's their main tool working with the desktop systems all
day (and no, it's not a very special application like Audio Editing
suite). Asking people to install another package (first they have to know
that it actually exists and how it's named - IIRC someone else pointed
out this very obvious way) for something that simple is ridiculous.

The path I could live with would be an option somewhere (not too hidden)
to enable the "Open Terminal" option again. For whatever's sake, disable
it by default, if you really think you need to hide essential tools to
get things done very effectively from users if you think they aren't
intellectually ready for that.

Regards,
Daniel