No more right click terminal

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Sat Jul 16 04:17:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 03:54 +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> I did, but probably in other responses to other folks. I think the idea
> of a package to add such an IMHO essential triviality back to GNOME
> is like asking for people to shop again for the gear shift handle after
> buying a new car. It's just completely over the top, IMHO.

At the end of the day the user shouldn't care about the packages in that
much depth. OK can we take a step back here - it's rawhide, things shift
about.

The relevant conversation here should have been:

Bill: Wow dude, like this is missing!!
Ted: Yes, my most excellent friend. That was way extraneous where it
was. However what we've done is, like, refactored it so it's like an
extension. Which means it's everywhere...
Bill: Most excellent! However it's not in the default rolling
configuration which is bogus.
Ted: Wow! I must package that immediately <air guitar>
Bill: Excellent! Get that in extras and tested then we'll rock it in
core....

We can easily shift a package from extras and add it to comps. Hell
that's what I'd recommend to do in this case and will lobby for.

I understand other concerns about governence, etc. Those need to be
raised, and I encourage that.  Lets just try and concentrate on each
thread in turn.

I'm pretty sure come FC5 you'll get the right click terminal - rawhide
is rough, lets just be excellent to each other and party on dude...

Paul