No more right click terminal

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sun Jul 17 21:56:34 UTC 2005

Hi

>One possible answer:  So GNOME wants to be all things to the little people who
>don't know nor care to know?  That's fine.  This is open source.
>"$open_source == $freedom_of_choice;" .  So, I will vote with my "feet",
>a.k.a. my choice of desktop.  I use KDE.

KDE doesnt have a terminal in the desktop context menu either.

>Maybe instead of trying to get the Fedora Development community to make GNOME
>what developers want it to be, there should be more choices made available.
>Adding fluxbox, blackbox, openbox & evilwm to the core distribution would not
>be difficult and would only take up less than 2MB on the CDs.  Others (like
>Enlightenment and some of the cool new 3D desktop environments) could easily
>live in Extras.  Why don't we look at providing more options for those who
>care?  (Yes, I know some of them are already in Extras).

Its not about size. its about maintenance. Why do want everything but
the kitchen sink in core itself?

>Personally, I like having the "Open Terminal" context menu item by default;
>it's there for those who need it/know about it/like it.

Fedora core 5 would have a yum aware anaconda
(http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/YumBackend) and will allow
you to choose nautilus-open-terminal to do that from extras. Use
kickstart if you want to automate this process for N number of systems.
You have the choice.

regards
Rahul