No more right click terminal

Paul A Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 18 15:54:43 UTC 2005

Nicholas Miell wrote

>Well, no. Hosting servers would run WebDAV.

    Ever tried it?

    Can you say "support call?"

    On paper WebDAV is great,  but every WebDAV installation I've run
has had problems.

    Most of the windows clients,  including the Win XP shell and the
latest version of Dreamweaver,  are real basket cases.  On top of that,
if you've got enough people using WebDAV that you 'benefit' from the
locking,  you'll regularly have somebody lock a file and then take off
for patagonia and then I have to nuke all of the locks on that server
because there's no (straightforward) way for me to clear just one lock
as an adminstrator.