rawhide report: 20050719 changes

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 18:28:06 UTC 2005

On 07/20/2005 02:23 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 07:38 -0400, Build System wrote:
>

>>* Mon Jul 18 2005 Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com>
>>1.1-0.0.1.deerpark.alpha2
>>- Update to Deer Park Alpha 2
>>  - STILL TODO:
>>    - This build is not localized yet.
>>    - Theme issues not yet resolved.
>>    - Building on ppc platforms is busted, disable them for now.
>>

>Is there a bug filed for this? We should ideally have a bug filed for
>_all_ arch exclusions.

There is an easy way to figure that out.  Query :)  I didn't file one,
though. But someone may have by now.  The issue seems to be in the
toolchain.  Get problems compiling with memcpy at GCC3.3.2 stuff (I thought
I had the log saved but can't find it) -- disabling the visibility
pragma gets this to build on non-i386 platforms, yet still doesn't work
for ppc.  ppc64 traditionally has not built, although I have a patch
which I believe fixes that once the other issues are cleared up.