[Fwd: Midnight Commander 4.6.1 has been released.]

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Jul 24 18:33:01 UTC 2005

Hi Ovidiu,

On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 17:52, Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:
> > I'm very pleased to announce to you that it finally happened: The long
> > awaited midnight commander version 4.6.1 has finally been released!
> > Enjoy.
>
> So where's the news? :) We've been enjoying it for a while now.
>
> [ovidiu at ovidiu ~]$ rpm -qi mc
> Name        : mc                           Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 4.6.1                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
> Release     : 0.14.FC3                      Build Date: Thu 21 Apr 2005

Mind the 0 in the release number. FC3 rpms are built from pre release
tarballs. Not that much difference, but still :) .

Anyway, with an official release we hope to see a lot of legacy users
move to the new version. I know this is not the FC Legacy list, but felt
like announcing it here anyway.

Leonard.