What next?

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 23:44:06 UTC 2005

To reiterate what Elliot said, the basic principle as I see it is that we
endeavor for the current Fedora release always to have the newest stuff
that is reasonably stable.  After some fairly short interval in the 3-6
month ballpark, *something* certainly has a newer and better version that
is reasonably stable.  So more or less any time "rawhide has newer stuff",
then it's a good reason to have a Fedora Core release before too long.  If
that sensation comes along, and there's something with a bleeding edge
that's still too bloody, then that something can roll back to the stable
version until the next FC release.  It won't be too long.

We don't want Fedora Core ever to spend significant periods of time where
there is great new fabulosity out there, in some area or other, that we
aren't representing in the latest release.