What next?

Richard June rjune at bravegnuworld.com
Thu Jun 2 02:02:47 UTC 2005

[snip]
> When I looked for a solution a few weeks ago, I've spend some hours
> of googling and reading mailing list archives, and the only thing I've
> been able to come up with was
>
> a) use OpenGroupware!
> b) use Microsoft Exchange!
> c) oh yeah, I'd really like a lightweight server without all the
>    bloat OpenGroupware needs to just store my stuff somewhere
>    accessibly from remote locations
>
> The general consensus I found everywhere was "doesn't exist, or use
> the big ones".
>
> I didn't stumble over Hula at all... interesting. And Hula doesn't do
> contacts stuff. And that's besides calendar stuff what I'd need Evo
> most for - but it does other stuff I don't need, e.g. IMAP4 server
> and webmail etc.
Well, if you don't use Evo, you can use egroupware as a backend server for
kontact(kmail/korganizer/kaddressbook) and it works pretty well. it's not
nearly the PITA to manage that opengroupware or MS Exchange are. I prefer
IMAP4 myself, something about being able to get to my email everywhere(kinda
like you want to do with your calandar and contacts)

--
Public Key available Here:
http://www.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/pubkey.asc