Beware of nvidia-graphics 1.0-7664 (was: nvidia-glx-1.0.7664-0.lvn.1.3.src.rpm)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 6 09:22:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 10:24:08AM +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
> Note that this driver version broke suspend/resume for me (oh the joys
> of proprietary software with a proprietary development model), the
> display gets garbled. After some dabbling with it I found a workaround,
> though: Setting the display to DPMS suspend, then on again brought the
> card back into a semi-sane state (X works, text console are still
> garbled).

Yes, I had to find that out myself when the screensaver kicked in
killing two hours of work ... :/

Also XvMC libs are broken :/

The joys of closed source. I suspect there will be an updated quite imminent.

For ATrpms users: If you want to test this release nevertheless, use
nvidia-graphics-switch to switch to and from this new release. Don't
uninstall the previous driver, yet ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net