Firstboot: Module to add other OS partitions' entry to fstab

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jun 8 11:54:22 UTC 2005

On Mer 8 juin 2005 12:21, David Zeuthen a écrit :

> You make some good points here. At this point, I don't really know, I
> *think* we may want to put it somewhere in the install/firstboot

Firstboot is the same dead end as kudzu and sequential initscripts.
Modern systems have a complex life, parameters need to be changed at any
point of time, not only during 'initialisation'.

This BTW is one reason why rpm plays in another category than
windows-style installers that only care about the initial state.

> and
> perhaps also ask other questions so it looks like
>
>  [ ] Automatically mount internal fixed drives                     (1)
>  [x] Automatically mount external storage devices                  (2)
>    [ ] Require password for write access to external storage       (3)
>  [x] Ignore SCSI drives for auto mounting                          (4)
>    [x] Except optical drives                                       (5)
     [x] Except usb drives                                           (6)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot