What next?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Jun 1 20:20:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 01:59:19PM -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Maybe it's time to start the brainstorming for Fedora Core 5 and Fedora
> Extras 5 - what major features are you willing to put effort into?

- a window manager which isn't the functional equivalent of
  hello_world.c where I cannot even easily grab a window and just
  move it to another desktop without fiddling with the pager or some
  menus (all only allowing to drag the window to the same relative
  position on another desktop... I'd like to just grab the window,
  hit the desktop border and can drag along in the next adjacent
  desktop - as it is possible with about all other WMs. metacity is
  just inferior). Doesn't have to be Enlightenment, but please... :-)

- a network server for Evolution (perhaps based on Directory Server?)
  so one can actually use Evolution for time and task management at
  home AND on the road (read: from different machines) without having
  to run full-fledged MS Exchange (sic!) or OpenDUNNOWHATITWAS (Exchange
  clone).

- a window manager which isn't [...]

- tool support to setup X 3D acceleration (OpenGL) stuff. I'm always
  having a HARD time getting 3D accel to work.

- a window manager which isn't [...]

Best regards,
Daniel