What next?

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 22:31:21 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 03:26:54PM -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
 > >Maybe it's time to start the brainstorming for Fedora Core 5 and Fedora
 > >Extras 5 - what major features are you willing to put effort into?
 > I'd like to see better laptop support, in particular some sort of
 > Profile support as well as better wireless support.

Profiles: Isn't this the aim of sabayon (sp?)
Better wireless support: The upstream drivers are slowly starting
to converge to a point of sanity. Ie, a common ieee80211 core
which drivers share, rather than implementing their own variants
of in each driver with different userspace semantics. So FC5 will
get better through this work, but it probably won't be 'perfect'
for quite a while just due to the sheer volume of work needed
to be done to fix up some of the mess in that part of the kernel.

		Dave