What next?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jun 2 14:37:47 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> said:
> - One DVD that can install both i386 and x86_64 (now that Intel starts
> shipping Celerons more and more people will try x86_64)

I don't think that's going to be very practical.  There's already a good
bit of duplication in the distributed files and this would just add too
it.

I'd like to see a single source CD/DVD set (I know this is a non-trivial
thing, but it would be nice).  The FTP site is structured with all the
SRPMS in the same directory; it would save a bunch of disk space if the
ISOs were common as well.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>