What next?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:03:13 UTC 2005

On 6/2/05, Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, someone was also pointing out that there are some
> pieces that really need to be worked on every single release, so it's more
> complicated than that. Maybe we need to try to decouple development work
> from the release cycle a bit more. What if we could make it so that
> hardcore development work could go on throughout all six months of the
> development cycle?

Except there are fedora specific infrastructure and process peices
that need love so they can be more effective tools during the release
cycle.  How about this:
0)FC N comes out
1) Provide short time to make incramental changes to fedora
contributor facing infrastructure, tools and policy, based on feedback
during the FC N release cycle.
2) Put those incramental changes in tools and policy in place for use
in FC N+1 testing/release.
3)Use those updated infrastructure during the release cycle..finding
where they are suboptimal.  Avoid the temptation to continually screw
around with infrastructure items during a release cycle, because you
know you'll have some time to make changes post FC N+1 release.
4)N=+N+1
5)goto 0

-jef