What next?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jun 2 17:01:48 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 02.06.2005, 12:20 -0400 schrieb Bill Nottingham:
> Thorsten Leemhuis (fedora at leemhuis.info) said:
> > - One DVD that can install both i386 and x86_64 (now that Intel starts
> > shipping Celerons more and more people will try x86_64)
>
> Won't fit. :)
> (Yes, it's possible to get there, but you can't do it yet.)

Of course double layer DVDs or double side DVDs could be used. More an
more magazines ship with such beasts and double-layer DVD-burners are
not unusual anymore.

BTW, I know one german computer magazine that just announced that it
will ship with a DVD/CD combo-media soon (CD on one side, double layer
DVD on the other). On the DVD-Side there is a Suse-Live-Media and a
install versions of Suse for i386 and x86_64. On the CD side there is a
lot of windows software.

Something like that should be possible with Fedora, too. Maybe without
the Live-CD part for now.