What next?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 20:40:06 UTC 2005

On 6/3/05, Kyrre Ness Sjobak <kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> So that somebody would write a BSD gstreamer mp3 plugin, and RH would
> call Fraunhofer and get the goahead for Fedora - it would be OK

I said the existence of a BSD codebase would be compatible with the
patent situation whereas the GPL codebases are not by virtue of
restrictions that the GPL places regarding redistribution.  I did not
say a BSD licensed plugin to gst would be acceptable in terms of
licensing arrangements (though gstreamer is lgpl so it seems likely).
I did not say that RH would choose to allow any such code base in
Fedora Core or Extras.

-jef