What next?

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Sun Jun 5 00:05:26 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:

> But if hobbyists cannot participate in development b/c the cycle is just
> too fast, well then it's not too terribly useful for us, is it.

I don't buy this argument at all.  So what if the changes you're working
on don't go in the next release?  They can still go into the one after
that.  There will always be cutoff points and a more frequent release
cycle is actually the only mean to ensure a feature can get wide
exposure by being part of the distribution.