What next?

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Sun Jun 5 00:31:58 UTC 2005

seth vidal wrote:
>> So what if the changes you're working on don't go in the next release?
>
> Well the changes I'm working on for this next release affect anaconda
> and the package updater in use on fedora, so, yah, I think there is a
> problem if they don't go in the next release.

No, it just means that coordination is needed.  Just as it does now but
today this coordination (or lack thereof) manifests itself "only" in
temporarily broken FC trees.

Projects are getting larger and larger and need more time to develop.
Increasing the release cycle every year or two isn't the answer.
Developers simply need to get a bit more sophisticated and have a stable
development tree and one or more blue-sky trees.