What next?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Jun 5 23:40:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 19:36 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 6/5/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> > Finding fedora as a subdomain off of redhat.com makes less
> > sense if the goal of the fedora foundation is for fedora to live a
> > little more on its own.
>
> Oh are we making up goals for the foundation now? or did you find out
> more about it?

In the absence of goals I prefer to create them.

All the media cruft I've read this week has said:
"Red Hat is freeing the Fedora project to allow it to become a fully
independent entity. Red Hat will continue to support Fedora financially,
but the project will be governed by an independent board of directors."

quoted from:
http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/03/1729211&from=rss

That sounds like 'fedora should be more independent from red hat' to me.

-sv