What next?

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 20:45:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 11:55 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> > it can't be default realistically and is a per lib thing:
> > making it default prevents the situation where an app links to a library
> > in order to provide this service for plugins.
>
> Just curious: What is wrong with the idea that the plugins link the
> libraries they need?

The application also provides what amounts to a library to the plugin.

I think the situation Arjan is referring to is when the application
needs another library in order to implement some part of its module API,
but it never needs the library unless it has loaded a plugin which uses
that part of the API provided by the application.

--
        Peter