Fedora Goals

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 09:04:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:03:19AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> On Mar 7 juin 2005 7:22, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> > Hi

> >>Rhaa nothing on jackd or lowlatency work
> >>Is Ingo still working at Red Hat ?
>
> > The above page is for tracking  FC5 goals specifically. The timeline for
> > inclusion of Ingo's RT patches (which is rapidly improving) in the
> > kernel is still under discussion and Fedora project has a goal of
> > sticking close to the upstream versions.
>
> Historically RHL then FC were a way to have easly access to RH stuff
> (gcc/gcj work, gnome 0.x...). I find it a pitty a major RH work like the
> RT patches looks like it won't find its way in RH distros first.

Might be still real development work that needs testing in a development
community. Within Fedora it is already hitting quite a large audience.
Also Dave is already pretty busy to move the kernel along for Fedora,
then adding real development projects would really complicate release
coordination a lot... (Not only for Dave, also for Ingo.)

greetings,

Florian La Roche