Fedora Goals -- LSB-compliant/ideal init for FC5+

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Jun 7 13:24:55 UTC 2005

> Well, there are some plans here. They don't usually involve bash,

Well, I'm half-way decent at system-level C (even some real-time
experience), as well as Perl, but no Python though (one of these
days).

> though, and generally consist of migrating to a completely different
> framework, with support for legacy installation concerns such
> as LSB compatibility and the current init-style scripts.

So the base won't be traditional System-V init?

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->