Mirror monitor for meta data repos

david dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 15:06:13 UTC 2005

I downloaded a copy of mirmon, pulled a copy of the camel book from a
shelf and started hacking on mirror monitor for meta data repos (m3d).

The basic idea is to probe for the <timestamp>??</timestamp> of the
primary.xml of repo.xml and compare the <timestamp>??</timestamp> of
designated mirrors repo.xml.  Attached is a sample output table.

Each version will have it's own separate page. ie fc1-core, fc3-extras,
fc-development.
All the available archs for a version will be on a page.

I believe that I will use a color scheme of
green, uptodate;
yellow, outofdate;
red, error contacting mirror;
white, mirror does not carry copy of that arch

Clicking a green or yellow square will link to repodata.html for that arch.
Clicking a red square will link to a more detail error statement of the
mirror failure.

The row of little row of squares in a mirror/arch intersection give a 24
history of that mirrors status.  I'm thinking about narrowing row so
that a 24 history fit comfortably.

All suggestion on what other information will be useful.

-dtf