Firstboot: Module to add other OS partitions' entry to fstab

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:08:50 UTC 2005

On 6/7/05, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:
> Another option is to set this preference in the installer: if you're
> installing a "Personal Desktop" set it to TRUE, if you're installing a
> server FALSE. We may also ask the question in firstboot though this is a
> bad idea as most target users won't understand the question.

If you don't expose the boolean during firstboot, do you plan to make
ui available to expose this to an admin for later reconfiguration?  If
people experience problem a or problem b or some other wacky issue
because they run a locally compiled kernel, leaving that option buried
in the bowels of gconf with no ui exposed to switch the state isn't
going to help anyone.

-jef