Wish list

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 12:47:49 UTC 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:31:31 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
>

>>- Auto update breaks nvidia drivers every few weeks
>>

>I guess I should have added that this affects the open source NTFS drivers
>too. This isn't a black/white thing to do with proprietary vs open source
>drivers - anything that Red Hat choose not to ship for whatever reason
>(which they usually keep secret) is affected by it :/

One of the proposed goals for FC5 [1] is to provide to mechanism to
package external kernel modules in a way that would keep them in sync
and working together,  so for GPL'ed  kernel modules not include in the
Fedora kernel or for modules where the proprietary vendor allows
repackaging and redistribution this planned infrastructure could solve
the problem

regards
Rahul

[1] http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future