OT: nVidia driver [was: Wish list] -- understanding the GPU market

Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> thebs413 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 8 20:03:18 UTC 2005

From: Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com>
> they actually work on it (well provide patches) so I don't buy this
> bit ;)

Okay, maybe their legal standing has changed since the last time
I looked at this (about 2+ years ago).  Thanks for the heads-up.
>From everyone I know at nVidia, when they don't go GPL or MIT,
their hands are legally tied.

Kinda like Red Hat on the trademark proliferation issue that some
people don't stop to understand, and just want to demonize Red Hat
on.  Companies have their legal reasons in many cases, and they
can't do much about it.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org