Firefox crippling

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Jun 10 06:29:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 23:38 +0200, Enrico Scholz wrote:

>    I do not know KDE, but I can imagine that people with this desktop
>    environment will be shocked also when they see the current firefox
>    icons; they probably do not match the KDE theme neither.

I use KDE and FF, but "shocked" is a bit strong expression to describe
what I felt when first seeing these new icons.  A strong dislike would
be more accurate.

Anyway, these icons made me realize that I never use the home or reload
buttons anyway, so I got rid of them.  Part of the problem solved.

Other parts of the problem still remain.  I do agree that replacing the
default theme of a themeable browser, and while at it, making it
impossible to switch back to the original doesn't sound like a good
idea.  (I haven't studied the theming in-depth, so there might be
inaccuracies here.)

BTW, the "Firefox (default) 2.0" theme which AFAICT is now no longer
what it says in the FF themes UI is still "credited" to the original
upstream authors.