Yum Upgrade Faq

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Wed Jun 15 02:07:28 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:04 -0400, David Hollis wrote:

> yum-2.2.0-0.fc3  is what I was starting with.  After pulling down the
> new fedora-release and installing it, I tried to yum -y update yum.  It
> wanted to pull in a large amount of stuff which led to the openoffice
> problem.

Is there a listing somewhere of known issues. FC4 breaks yumex which is
no big deal. Moreover, I was unable to install madwifi on my laptop. On
the other hand, I'm concerned about things like leafnode. I'm testing
rbldnsd on a workstation and it seems to be fine.

I'm thinking that I should wait a few weeks before updating the primary
server.
--
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
      * RBLDNSD HowTo:          http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm