rawhide report: 20050617 changes

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Jun 17 20:53:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 11:34 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 14:46 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Am I the only one that it kind of bothers to not see java stuff using a
> > dedicated namespace for the package names? Things like "gnu.regexp" seem
> > totally wrong... not to mention the dot in the name for that particular
> > one.

No you're not alone in that Matthias...

> If you want, bring this up with the JPackage folk since that's where the
> names are coming from.

Since when did FC start to follow whatever somebody else does?

It's not any different for java, "gnu.regexp" is simply a bad name for a
java-only library (or whatever they're called in the java-land).
Just imagine all the perl-modules in FC without perl-prefix:
- XML-SAX
- TimeDate
- HTML-Parser
... etc. I think you get the idea.