Grub problem after FC4 (xfs) install ?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Jun 19 23:35:33 UTC 2005

mbneto wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if anyone has a solution for a problem where after
>installing fc4 (with xfs partition) grub fails to install.
>
>In my case since it is a dual boot machine it simply enters directly
>in the "primary" OS.

First , this isnt the right list. You should had posted this to fedora-list.
Second , I gave up and installed FC4 using a ext3 /boot partition and
using XFS only on / and /home . I also had to remove the LABEL=/ options
from fstab and grub, since it looks like the / partition doesnt have a
label ( /home works perfectly , but it was created during FC3 install).

--
Pedro Macedo