strange corruption of module config when i try booting with acpi=off

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Tue Jun 21 10:12:50 UTC 2005

tir, 21.06.2005 kl. 04.23 skrev Joe Desbonnet:
> I apologise in advance for this rather ranty email, but I think its
> relevant to the dev list because I believe hit on some bug.
>
> I (foolishly) try to get FC4 to power manage my laptop (Thinkpad
> T41p). I don't understand how to do "apm -s" with ACPI (can someone
> tell me how? -- because I can't find it documented anywhere).

echo "3" > /proc/acpi/sleep works for me. But i should probably stick it
in a script...

> So I boot with "acpi=off" boot option so that I can use the more
> intuitive apm system.
>
> On boot system-config-display asks for root password (I've never seen
> that before). I hit return a few times because I'm not interested in
> reconfiguring my display (especially at boot time?!).

Thats kudzu. It does that to me every time i run it from the terminal -
and if i haven't done "xhost +" first, it tells me i couldn't connect to
the display (running as root, from gnome-terminal). Its sortof a bug...
I should probably report it.