Cairo [was: rawhide report: 20050621 changes]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:08:06 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:
> Are you sure you wanted to say that?

i said "might" ... the point is... all this navel-gazing speculation
about what cairo means for people is just wasteful. cairo is being
used in the tree. All this hand-wringing about the future is pathetic.
 The future is NOW!  If anyone is really concerned they can try to eek
out real performance numbers with evince using 200 meg pathelogical
pdfs that were performance problems previously in other applications.
I will however burn anyone to the ground who tries to pass off  it
"feels" faster/slower  when I open a 2 page text only pdf.. as a
performance measurement that matters at all.     I'm personally not
that concerned.

-jef