FC4 kernel performance

Marcus Hartig m.f.h at web.de
Wed Jun 22 18:10:18 UTC 2005

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> ROFL. You really think your typical user will do regular backups ?

Sure, not all, but I know many ... because "I" have teached them to do
this... which burn there docs, holiday pics, bookmarks,... and other
files on a CD/DVD, you not? What do you make, if all RAID disks get a
error? ;-)

> Hardware availability means nothing - cd burners proved it. RAID is good
> because it's painless security (and I know it's not the same thing but
> at least once it's here it needs no human intervention at all)

This is maybe the only point for a (desktop) user, the performance is >=
0. I have no more RAID-0 in use here. I feel no more gain in speed while
writing this posting...

Regards,
Marcus