FC4 kernel performance

Karl MacMillan kmacmillan at tresys.com
Thu Jun 23 17:47:52 UTC 2005

Not certain what you mean here - certainly there are userspace applications that
must be correct (any process that authenticates a user and sets their initial
context for example) but there are relatively few. Can you explain this a bit
more.

>  There's a certain
> emotional reaction that people get from hearing that you can log in as
> 'root' and it's harmless,  but the real threats are attacks on real
> systems that do real work,  not straw men that were set up to be (or not
> be) knocked down.

Certainly - these machines are just demonstrating that the mechanism works and
is flexible. SELinux can thwart these real attacks if properly configured and
the applications are appropriately architected. The work now is, I think,
utilizing that capability.

Karl

---
Karl MacMillan