C++ compatibility package dropped

Carl-Johan Kjellander carljohan at design.chalmers.se
Sun Jun 26 10:58:49 UTC 2005

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> As long as the legacy programs people are installing are packaged
> as rpm, yum or other package managers can handle the dependencies
> just fine, so I don't see how is that a silent break.
> If not using a package manager, you take the responsibility
> of satisfying the dependencies yourself.

Won't the ones making those rpms have to look into the future and
require that compat-libstdc++-XX is installed, even though that
package doesn't exist yet for the current FC version?

Otherwise I can't see how you can make yum do the right thing for an old
app, maybe less than 6 months old even.

/cjk
--
begin 644 carljohan_at_kjellander_dot_com.gif
Y1TE&.#=A(0`F`(```````/___RP`````(0`F```"@XR/!\N<#U.;+MI`<[U(>\!UGQ9BGT%>'D2I