Resolving dependencies (libcrypto.so.4...)

h.breimer acbk at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Mar 7 13:19:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:01:31 -0400
mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been unable to upgrade to the latest packages with the same error
> messages: Error: Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Error: Package ntp needs libcrypto.so.4, this is not available.
> Error: Package libwvstreams needs libssl.so.4, this is not available.
> Error: Package pyOpenSSL needs libcrypto.so.4, this is not available.
> Error: Package dhcpv6_client needs libcrypto.so.4, this is not

> Any ideas of how can I bypass such restrictions ?
>
> - mb

I downloaded openssl-0.9.7e-3 from the development tree
rpm -i openssl-0.9.7e-3
Now I had both the lib...so.4 and the ...so.5 libs in my box.
Yum update did its work after this.

Remember to rpm -e openssl-0.9.7a-46 later when all packages are over to
the new version.

Enjoy the bumpy ride and avoid the baby-eating horror-gurus!

success!
Henk