Old kernel RPMS

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 14 03:20:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 14:06 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> >   What I'm referring to is the relatively quick disappearance of
> > previous updates, as well previous versions from rawhide.  A concern
> > I've had about official updates disappearing, at least with respect to
> > GPL/LGPL licensed software, is that these older updates should be made
> > available for as long as the GPL requires (3 years?).  Currently, they
> > disappear when new updates show up (or shortly thereafter).
>
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/
> Nothing stops you from checking out the appropriate tag and getting the
> exact source of the older package that disappeared.

Ok, thank you I will do exactly this. That's all I wanted to know - I
hadn't thought of using the CVS server, as I never actually use that for
anything.... but it would still be nice if you could type "yum rewind
packageX," and have X and all its dependencies rolled back to the
previous version :)

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University