A more efficient up2date service using binary diffs

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:29:08 UTC 2005

Right now it's a Java webapp running in Tomcat. I realize that this
may not be practical for "production" use, but I find this environment
productive. Once it is stable it might be possible to remove the
Tomcat dependency.

Maybe it can be compiled to native with gcj (?). If Java is a problem
(FC4 comes with Java by default?) porting to Python shouldn't be a
huge task.

The delta repository builder is logically a separate tool, but I will
bundle both in the same webapp for the moment. It could be invoked by
a 'wget' request scheduled by cron.

I hope to have a first release in about a week. If it turns out to be
useful I will be looking for suggestions on the delta repository
layout, delta file format etc

Joe.