Intel Pro Wireless cards

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Tue Mar 1 02:12:56 UTC 2005

Eric Warnke wrote:

> After reviewing the archives of the various lists I have found no
> discussion on the topic of wireless driver inclusion in FC.

Along these same lines is the Ralink 2500/2400 chip sets. They power a
number of useful 802.11 b/g devices (most notably linksys PCI revision 4
here in the US which is a large number of devices sold). They gpl'd
their source code back in December IIRC. As wireless NICs are becoming
more popular and network install approach "default" (with FC5 anaconda
and newly discussed capabilities) it will become increasingly more
important to get these "popular" cards under "Just Works" functionality
during installs. What is required to get ootb functionality for a device
like this? Here are some relevant links:

Ralink site with source:
http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/supp-1.htm

rt2x00 Open Source Project
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page