gpdf vs evince

Tet sta282 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 13:21:22 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram writes:

>>From my experience using rawhide so far, evince is
>good enough for regular use.

Yeah, but the few users that have played with it from Rawhide aren't
enough of a proving ground. It'll only get a decent shakedown with the
widespread use that will come from being part of Core. I think that's
absolutely the right thing to do. I'm just uncomfortable with removing
the older packages until evince has proven itself. Just MHO.

I just hope that when I finally get to try it, it'll be better than the
slow bloated pig that is ggv (I still use gv because ggv sucks so badly).

Tet