FC3 -> FC4 Upgrade? (was Re: reducing distribution CD count)

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 15:53:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 23:15 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>On Feb 28, 2005, Eric Warnke <eric at snowmoon.com> wrote:
>
>> 2) Do what I do.  Kickstart %post section that installs a rpm with
>> updates fot yum repos as well as new ones.  I import all the necessary
>> keys and do a "yum -y update" and then "yum -y install
>> packagename".
>
>Yeah, I had something like that at some point.  selinux attributes are
>somewhat messed up when you do this.  At least they still are for the
>configuration stuff I run in %post, that among other things runs
>texhash, and tex config files get incorrectly-labeled.

Can you elaborate a bit?  Is this really just doing:

yum install blah

in the %post section?  Or are you also passing options like --root or
whatever to RPM?

We do have a longstanding TODO now to fix up the RPM security context
initialization to use the libselinux functionality instead of its own
version; it might solve this issue.