Package pruning for FC4 and beyond - COMPLETE LIST

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Mar 1 16:24:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 07:53 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> > kedit and gedit could be moved to Extras without
> > much pain.
> >

> bad idea
>
>  what GUI text editors are KDE and GNOME users
> supposed to use?.
Either pull one of those in Extras, .. or learn to launch a terminal and
start an ASCII-editor :-)

.. may-be then they finally realize they don't need one of these GUI-
editors ;-)

In emergency situations they will have to use them anyway ... Oh, wait,
I forgot, these users will reinstall everything, should the X-server
come up, or something else prevent them from logging in "graphically".

Ralf