reducing distribution CD count

Jamie Zawinski jwz at jwz.org
Tue Mar 1 21:36:17 UTC 2005

Alan Cox wrote:

> > - Both tuxracer and bzflag were removed, but many people (Havoc,
> >   Alan) definitely want at least one good 3D game to "show off".
>
> And to debug 3D. We no longer have any way to debug 3D problems on Fedora
> with packages we know the client side of and build form.

In my experience, xscreensaver is going to give the 3d hardware a much
more extensive workout than any given game.  Maybe this has changed in
the latest Rawhide (I haven't checked) but it used to be that a Gnome
install came with the full complement of 3D savers.

Also, more people run screen savers than tuxracer, so that's where the
video driver crashes tend to occur.  Then they blame me and I am sad.

--
Jamie Zawinski      jwz at jwz.org                  http://www.jwz.org/
                    jwz at dnalounge.com      http://www.dnalounge.com/