reducing distribution CD count

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Mar 2 00:24:58 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Jamie Zawinski wrote:

> Also, more people run screen savers than tuxracer, so that's where the
> video driver crashes tend to occur.  Then they blame me and I am sad.

Hehe, I've had several people complain about 'random' crashes, usually
when they arrived at work in the morning or came back from coffee. All of
them related to 3D screensavers :)

Maybe disabling 3D screensavers by default (and/or a warning about the
potential to crash when people open the screensaver configuration) would
reduce the uncomfortable (unstable) feeling people got when using Linux in
these cases.